Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Testimony Builder...



I'm a teacher, so I get the summers off. During the summer, my pool time increases, my golf score decreases, I read more books, I work out longer, I travel, I make more friends because I have more time to play, and I overall have more time for everything!

The other thing that happens during the summer is my normal "day to day" routine falls short. My scripture study takes the back seat, my daily prayers become inconsistent, along with other things.

This summer I had the chance to visit my sisters in Idaho. My sister, Maxene, and I were going for a nice, quiet run around the Idaho Falls Temple (the LDS temple!). It was an absolutely beautiful run. On our way back to the house, we were crossing the street. I tripped on something, and my hip hit square onto the curb. It happened so quickly, I didn't have time to react.

After lying on the ground for a minute, I got up, tried to walk, and quickly decided that the pain was too bad. Maxi and I decided that she would run the last two miles home, get the car, and come back to pick me up. I found a spot to sit, and I just sat and cried.

Now, I want to clarify... I'm a tough girl. But I cried like a little baby! I sat and cried, wishing that my Mom or Dad was there. I decided to say a prayer, but in my head I was thinking, "Why is HF going to help me, when I've been so inconsistent with the things he's asked me to do?" I said a prayer anyway. I said a prayer to my Heavenly Father for comfort, to be okay, and to not be alone. My pain didn't go away, but I immediately felt comfort. I knew that everything was going to be okay.

So what's the point? I learned a lesson that Heavenly Father loves every single one of his children. He'll always be there for you even if you haven't been there for Him. So whether you haven't prayed for days, weeks, months, years, or ever... He wants to hear from you. My testimony was strengthened that day. I learned an important lesson, and I'll never forget it!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! And your first main point is a good one!!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo excited for you! This is going to be a great journey for you! I miss you and your example and testimony! One I'll never forget in my journey to Colorado. Keep it up. And if you need to visit 5 states - How about South Carolina!? :) Love you and I know HF will conintue to bless you on your journey - just put Him first in everything you do! :) Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete