Wednesday, September 2, 2009

101 Goals in 1001 Days...


I'm starting 101 Goals in 1001 Days! I started yesterday and I'm SOOOOOO excited. I'll try to blog about some of my fun experiences, including the painful, embarrassing, and humbling ones. Here is my list, I have about 20 blank ones, that I'm sure will be filled as I accomplish these.

Cooking/Nutrition:

Be a vegetarian for 1 month
Try 10 new restaurants
Make homemade ice cream
Eat zero dessert for one month
Cook 20 recipes out of Piney Creek cookbook
Master Grandma's cookies


Work:

Start a mini-business
Read 10 books off the best-seller list
Write a letter to my favorite author
Bring in surprise breakfast/snack for team 10 times
Write 20 anonymous sweet notes
Make baked goods for all staff 10 times
Write thank you to my elementary teachers
Get my masters


Politics:

Write a letter to my state representatives
Get involved on one major issue
Vote
Attend a political rally


Spiritual:

Write a letter to the prophet
Visit all other major churches
Finish my Young Women Medallion


Volunteer:

Leave waiter a $100 tip
Volunteer at a marathon
Volunteer for 100 hours baby-sitting for a family with needs
Adopt a grandma
Volunteer 100 hours as a cuddler
Commit a random act of kindness that personally costs more than $100
Participate in "Secret Santa" for a family
Contact my "little" from Big Brother Big Sister
Volunteer 100 hours at the homeless shelter


Finances:

Zero shopping for 1 month
Make a budget


Travel:

Visit 5 states I've never been to
Go camping for one week
Visit a new country


Health/Fitness:

Do a 5k in a wheelchair
Compete in an olympic sized triathlon
Compete in a golf tournament
Meditate for 15 minutes per day for 1 month
Climb 5 "14ers" in CO
Hike the Panama Canal... ocean to ocean (and bring someone as my protector)
Play in a beach volleyball tournament... in a swimsuit
Run a half-marathon in under 2 hours
Take adult swim lessons
Go to Skate City
Join a kickball league
Organize a team
Shoot under a 90 in golf

Art:

Take photography class
Make something out of wood
Write a children’s book
Make a queen size quilt... alone!
Paint a picture... and frame it!
Take ceramics class


Music:

Join the church choir
Learn to play piano again
Organize my music in iTunes


Home:

Plant a garden (in containers)
Organize my mom's closet
Find miniature turtles
Buy a home


Family/Friends:

Host a theme party
Reconnect with 5 elementary friends
Find Jill
Make a family history book
Have a fondue party
Take Maxwell on a special field-trip once a month
Host a black and white party


Self-Help:

Learn Spanish
Attend an "Optimist Club" meeting
Start a blog
Learn to play chess
Watch no TV for 1 month
Finish young woman medallion
Join a book club
Share 5 compliments per day


Misc:

Go to dinner alone
Go to a movie alone
Go to a roller derby
Send a care package to a soldier
Send a care package to a missionary
Call 10 managers and compliment about their employers
Go horseback riding
Organize my photos
Go to a rodeo

5 comments:

  1. holy crap Kelly! OK, you have motivated me.

    but I wish you were here so you could join my book club and go to a rodeo with me...make a quilt....and the list goes on and on...

    I can't wait to keep up on your progress...Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I hope you'll take photos of your journey and share them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! Good luck with all of that! My goals are to get off the pregnancy weight, spend less time at school, and of course enjoy my son. You are taking on quite a challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, some of those sound familiar...too familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I'm so excited I discovered your blog! Adding you to the list immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete