
Nate and I both want a pair of cowboy boots. He wants a pair because he wants to be a cowboy, I want a pair because I can make some cute outfits with them! So we started our cowboy boot adventure at Goodwill... big mistake.
We didn't find any cowboy boots... but with a billion other distractions, it didn't take us long to come up with a little game. We came up with some simple rules, and then split up.
- You have 5 minutes.
- Find each other a ridiculous item.
- Item has to be church appropriate.
- Can't exceed $10.
Nate: sporting a nice woolen sweater,
floral print with accents of Aztec designs.
Me: sporting a florescent pink blazer,
with large gold buttons, and shoulder pads.
floral print with accents of Aztec designs.
Me: sporting a florescent pink blazer,
with large gold buttons, and shoulder pads.
Game over. We bought our items and exited the store! You might be wondering though about the third rule we made (Item has to be church appropriate). That's right, we wore these atrocious things to church...with smiles on our faces of course!
The looks we received were priceless. Matt noticed Nate's sweater from about 20 rows back, commenting "Nice sweater!" in a text. One of the grandma speakers had on a very similar blazer as mine. Never a dull moment in our lives, however we'll be looking for our cowboy boots elsewhere.
Oh Kelly! I am having an ugly sweater holiday party soon.. I'll send you the invite and please bring your boyfriend in that sweater!
ReplyDeleteUm, i kinda peed my pants when i saw this. :) i miss you.
ReplyDelete