I've never been good at journaling. I completely understand the importance of it, and I truly wish I was better at it... but it's not in my genetic make-up.
I love taking pictures. Pictures are a form of journaling for me. They document exciting events, important people, and places that I've been. I use pictures to help tell about my experiences.
Like this experience...
Nate and I went snowboarding this weekend, and it was our first day out for the season! We were so excited, and we really lucked out with the weather (for the first half of the day!).
Only this time, I don't have any pictures to show you how fun this day was because...
When we got home, I realized that my camera was gone. I threw it in the front seat while I was taking off all my boarding clothes, and I think it must have fallen out into the parking lot...
I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears (two to be exact), but I decided that losing my camera isn't the end of the world. I lost quite a few good photos, which will now be dipicted through a different form of art...

"Lame!" you say? I couldn't agree more. But this is what you'll be getting for the next month. For Christmas I've asked for a camera!
Oh my dear. I know *exactly* how you feel. I lost my camera my third day in Hawaii. Cry all you want!
ReplyDelete