Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I won...

"Go to the four 'Safety Stations' to learn some things about safety, and then come back here with this card. Then I'll give you a ticket to put into a raffle drawing!" said the nice lady. So off we went... to all 4 stations.
Did you know that you should point the fire extinguisher at the bottom of a fire? Have you ever heard that you should always hike and ski with a whistle, in case you get lost? Did you know that if you get caught in an avalanche, you really only have a 30 minute window of survival?

After learning the essentials, we each got a raffle ticket, and returned to the center of Copper Mountain at 1:00 pm promptly for the drawing! Nate and I were getting restless as other people were winning all the prizes. Time kept passing, and we weren't even close! Then the GRAND PRIZE was up... a two night stay at the Copper Mountain Resort.


The announcer guy slowly announced, "3... 2... 8." Not me. "Ugh." I thought to myself, "I never win anything!" He came on the microphone again, "328? 328, are you here? Going once, going twice, must be present to win!"

The anticipation in the crowd was as thick as home-churned butter! The announcer gently drew another number... "7... 2... 5..." ME! THAT'S MY NUMBER! I WON!!! I was beyond excited, and still don't fully believe it!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Now you can't say that you never win anything...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Will you take me with you instead of Nate please?

    ReplyDelete