There is a locally owned restaurant that just opened in my neighborhood, and I really wanted to try it. Nate and I love "mom and pop" type restaurants (all the good ones are in the small mountain towns) and "holes in the wall". This restaurant wouldn't fall under either category, but it is a no-name place (meaning not a chain) and that was good enough for me!

It's called Dad and Dude's Breweria, owned by a father and son. They specialize in pizza and beer! Nate and I went there on Friday night to try it, and we each got pizza. Nate had pepperoni, and I had pepperoni and pineapple (aren't we adventurous?)!
We both thought that the pizza was good, but not anything special. I left the restaurant feeling a little disappointed. I'm always hopeful to discover a hole in the wall, mom and pop, or no-name restaurant to be a hidden treasure. Unfortunately, these places get one chance, one shot to wow the new visitors in order for them to return again.
I had an amazing night with Nate, as usual, but sad to report that we're still on the prowl for better...
Holy Huge Pizza! Did you leave a comment card? Better luck next time.
ReplyDeletep.s. if you would have had the beer, it probably would have tasted better :)
ReplyDeleteGo to Gaspare's in Parker. It's on Pikes Peak Dr. in that new Victorian Square.
ReplyDeleteBest. Canolis. Ever!