Monday, September 26, 2011

My two favorite boys...


I have always thought The Children's Museum was the coolest place for children to explore, learn, and investigate; however, now that I am learning more about the developmental stages of children on a deeper level in all of my classes, I think that The Children's Museum is an ESSENTIAL place for children to go.

Maxwell and I have visited this museum many times over the years. It is one of our favorite places to go, so when he asked to go there last Saturday, I thought we better show Nate what all the hype is about!

Words don't do the experience justice, so I'll show you!!!

This is Maxwell in the workshop. He made an airplane... and gave it to Nate as a gift :)

Nate couldn't help it. He got right to work (although he wouldn't put on the apron and safety goggles) and made something for Maxwell...


It took two of us to screw in the nails...

Maxwell (and other kids) served us pizza in the restaurant! No mushrooms, please!

You're never too old to dress up and play, crawl, climb, and explore in the forest...

The bubble room was a fun one. Maxwell put on his lab coat and safety goggles to investigate making bubbles!

These are my two favorite boys! Putting on fire-fighting gear and "driving" the fire truck will be an image in my mind that will last forever :)

Sidenote: If you're in the Denver area, you HAVE to visit this museum. I didn't even reference the painting room, dress-up/dance area, veterinarian office, grocery store, puppet theatre, crawling corners, or the train room (shown in the first picture at the top). They are under construction, and more amazing developmental rooms are coming. Best. Adventure. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment