On Christmas morning, all the girls opened up a special gift from dad... an old pair of shoes! After we all looked at each other in pure confusion, my dad revealed the real Christmas gift. A Girls' Day Out!!!!
This special day included shoe shopping, lunch, and a day free of boys and children (sorry, Nate!). Nordstrom was waiting for us, but I don't think they were prepared for five Skidmore girls who were given the freedom of picking ANY pair of shoes in the place. It was a good thing we had the whole day, because it took some people (I won't name any names) the whole day to make a decision!
My decision was easy. I walked out of Nordstrom with a beautiful pair of Steve Madden boots. Macy thinks they'll be perfect to do construction in, but she just doesn't understand fashion :)
Trying on shoes is exhausting! So after we tried on all the shoes in the store, my dad treated us to Yaya's Euro Bistro. The food was amazing, but it was mostly nice to just be with my mom and sisters to visit. We are together all the time (a couple times a week), but there is something different about having a "girls day" where nothing else is on your agenda other than being with each other.
This was such a special Christmas present. Not just because I now own a pair of boots that I never would have boughten for myself, but because of the memories made while spending a priceless day with my best friends. Thank you, dad. I love you!!!!!

What a guy! And what a fun day!
ReplyDeleteI (heart) this more than you know! Love you girls and my girls too! You're dad is so unselfish!
ReplyDelete