Nate picked me up Monday morning, and we were off for the mountains! On our drive up, we saw a herd of buffalo (one of my favorite animals!). I don't think this was part of Nate's plan, but it sure made my day to get up close.
We got out to take some pictures, and this picture below is perfect to help the viewer feel what we were feeling. The many layers of clothing worn in preparation for this chilly weather didn't matter... that wind went right through.
Nate was cute. I got back in the truck immediately, because only idiots would take in the breath-taking view out in the cold. Little did I know, I was ruining Nate's plan for a perfect proposal. Thinking on his toes, he grabbed his binoculars and "spotted" some deer and elk in the distance. Luring me back out to into the frigid weather, Nate handed me the binoculars and I searched for the four-legged mammals.
It didn't take long before I quit my search, only to turn around and find Nate down on one knee, holding a "ring". Eighteen months ago, Nate asked me to be his girlfriend with a ringpop. It was only fitting that he asked me to be his wife with the same token!
With tears in his eyes, and snot running down his nose, he said the nicest things which confirmed why I want to marry him. He pulled out the real ring, and asked me "the question"... "Baby, will you marry me?!" Before he even finished the question, I said yes!!!!
I asked Nate to recreate the moment so that I could have a picture. It was honestly a priceless moment.
The rest of the day was perfect. We drove down into Breckenridge, an adorable mountain town. We found a unique hole in the wall, and ate lunch.
We called our families, and shared the news with our friends. I thought it was appropriate to let my family know with personalized "Talking Tom" messages. To give you an idea, here is Brook's special announcement below...
We spent the rest of the day exploring the town, shopping, and enjoying hot drinks.
The smile on my face as I've been writing this post is not only a reflection of the number of times I've glanced down at my ring finger as I've been typing. The smile on my face represents how excited I am to spend not only the rest of my life, but all of eternity with Nate.
I'm getting married. Nate is no longer my boyfriend, he is my fiance!
KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you and Nate! Wow! That is too exciting. Nate is one lucky guy, you are one of the neatest gals around! I miss you too, we need to get together and celebrate! So exciting! Loved the text today, I want to see the ring up close! Congrats! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteGreat news Kelly!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. Quick thinking on his part. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHooray! When I saw the title of this post I thought, "if this is not a proposal story I'm going to walk to Colorado and slap her face!"
ReplyDeleteNice save. :)
Congrats!!!!!
I was so excited when I got your text yesterday, I squealed really loud! Congratulations!!!! :) I am so so happy for you!
ReplyDeletelove it, love it, love it. i'm so excited for you two. having nate as my best friend, i knew that it was very important for him to find a great girl that i would love. he went above and beyond in finding you. you are perfect for him. congrats.
ReplyDeleteYEs!!!! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kelly! So, so, so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteIt's about frickin' time! I mean...CONGRATULATIONS!!!:) I really am so happy for u two. Hopefully, this means you'll be a Zonie at some point soon:)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats! soo exciting! when's the big day?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteive never met you but i know that you are so perfect for nater. he's one of the greatest people i know. im so excited for you two!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!!!
ReplyDelete