
I'm busy because I make myself busy. I'm stressed because I pile too many things on my plate. I have breakdowns because I won't ask anyone for help. I have some sort of syndrome where I HAVE to do it all, I HAVE to try everything, and I HAVE to be good at ALL of it. I'm not sure what this syndrome is called, but I'm pretty sure I have it!
This lifestyle is rough. There is never any downtime, and your days are planned and mapped out to the minute! A breakdown (including tears) is inevitable within this lifestyle, and my parents are usually the shoulders I cry on. Please keep in mind that I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me... this is all self-imposed!
I write, because I have found a solution to my problem! It's called "Retail Therapy". I'm sure this isn't new to everyone, but I have taken retail therapy to a whole new level.
On Friday, I hit my stress level limit. I had completed some pretty big projects, and I was in dire need of some downtime! So... I hit all my favorite stores (Ross, Marshalls, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Target, and the mall). My "Retail Therapy" session lasted a few hours, and I came home with so many bags I was almost embarrassed... almost!
I felt great! I was loving life for those few hours. But every great thing comes with something else! So what's the problem here? There's always a backlash! When you work out for hours, your body is EXTREMELY sore the next day. When you go out and party all night, you have a headache the next morning. The backlash for my therapy session? VISA called the next morning to report "excessive spending" on my card the day before! They needed to verify that my card hadn't been stolen!
I love retail therapy. I learned that I need to have mini sessions throughout the weeks, and not one massive session every 3 months! I also love my life. It is busy and stressful, and planned to the minute... but I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm blessed beyond what I deserve, and I'm so grateful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment