It appears to be a really cool monkey backpack, with a tail so long that the parent offers to hold it rather than let it drag on the floor. What kid doesn't want a monkey on their back, hugging them for a sweet piggy-back ride?!?!

Why can't parents just admit that they're putting their child on a leash (or a full blown harness). Why do they have to try to hide it with a monkey backpack? I'm not trying to tell anyone how to parent. I know that there are reasons to support this mockery, and I wouldn't even try to argue with them. All I'm saying is it doesn't look right to put your child on a leash.
Why do I hate child leashes?
Why do I seem so upset?
Why can't I just let it go?
Why will I NEVER put my child on a leash?
The answer is depicted below...
Because I was a victim of the "child leash" (and a bad haircut, but that's a whole other post!). It wasn't a monkey backpack, but what you see above is a late 80s, early 90s version! Enough said.
Bahahaha! Oh Kell I love it! I love the matchy match outfits the stripes the haircut and the LEASH! I am with you on the whole boycott the leash because of being victimized as well.
ReplyDeletelove you Kell!
Laughed out loud at this one! And loved the pic...I remember you two at that age!
ReplyDeleteKelly! Your posts are cracking me up. I am glad you posted your blog address on facebook and I hope it's okay to become a follower! You look so beautiful and I hope you are doing well! It was great to see you at the Bolder Boulder, maybe we will run into each other there again.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love the Piney Creek cookbook! Try the drumsticks from Kristi Steele!
My posts aren't as fun as yours, but our blog is theyarbroughclan.blogspot.com if you're interested!
Love the post! I can honestly say that I have never owned, used, or borrowed a leash for my childred for the same reasons. But I need to add one. I didn't want my children to feel like they were animals. Tell your kids they are animals, treat them like they are animals (that's where the leash comes in) and they will act like it.
ReplyDeleteFunny post. Love your pic.
btw...I'm not saying you two cute little girls were animals...:)
We were animals! Haha! Funniest post and pic ever! Well done, welllllll done :)
ReplyDelete