Friday, April 2, 2010

Anxiety...

Anxiety is defined as distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune. I love the beach, but I have anxiety when going into the ocean. I love looking at the ocean, just not going in the ocean. Who wouldn't love looking at this...

My friend Tiffany and I went to Maui this last week, and I tried to go snorkeling. I lasted like 5 minutes before the anxiety kicked in.

I never used to have anxiety, and the ocean is really the only thing that scares me... Why???? I'll tell you why. I watched the movie "Jaws" at way too young of an age. I'm scared to death of sharks (even though I have a better chance of dying of a vending machine falling on me).


So, movies and the Discovery Channel "Shark Week" have ruined me for life :(

I prefer a pool like this one that has an ocean view! Despite my anxiety of the ocean, I had an absolutely awesome trip.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'll lay by the pool with an ocean side view any day over swimming in the ocean! Sharks are no bueno! Glad you had fun xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! And sharks are freakin' scary! If t.v has taught us anything, it's that it's 50/50. Either sharks have no interest in humans, or like Jaws, they're on the prowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh..I totally relate to this. We went snorkeling in Catalina. The whole time, I kept looking out to sea watching for that shark to eat me. I wouldn't leave our guide's side. He probably thought I was some crazy stalker lady. We were suppose to stay with our partner, but I left Chad for the 65 yr. old guide.

    p.s. why is Maxene's head cut off in her pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you big baby! It's not like it could eat you whole! Oh wait...yes it can. Ok so you might have a point here. HI is awesome eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEVER go in the ocean. It's cold...it dries out my skin and hair...and (like deep in the Amazon) there are things in there that we cannot evan imagine. But I do. I imagine what's in there and that's why I'm thrilled to watch from underneath my umbrella on the beach:) (PS- I'll NEVER go deep in the Amazon, either.)

    ReplyDelete