We have our monthly meetings, but we also have random, spontaneous dinner dates too! My favorite thing about living close to each other is that we can do exactly that. Here is the conversation that happened last Tuesday!
Me: What are you guys having for dinner tonight? I need an idea for Nate and I...
Maxi: Well, we're gonna have Mac n' Cheese with grilled chicken. Do you guys just wanna come eat with us?
Me: Really? Okay! We'll bring a salad and some cornbread.
Maxi: Sounds good, see you at 8.
And it was as simple as that! Maxi and Jeff, Mom and Dad, and Nate and I met for dinner on an hour's notice... living in a 5 mile radius of each other definitely pays off. Now we just need to get Brook, Macy, and Daveed to move back to Colorado!
Side-note #1: Our dinner group isn't exclusive, that word just sounded fancy! We would love more people!
Side-note #2: I really do need more cooking ideas for Nate and I, please send recipes!
Maxi and I coordinated well. Dinner was really good. Lauren is cute.
ReplyDeleteso fun...wish i could be in your dinner group. Hope you're getting good recipes from your mom..she's always been a good cook!
ReplyDelete