Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Favorite Date...


I can't let too much time go by before I blog about one of the best dates I have ever been on! Back in October, Nate took me on a "day-date" which covered all 5 senses... seeing, hearing, smelling, touching and tasting!

Sense of Sight
: We drove down to Colorado Springs to see the Garden of the Gods! It was a perfect fall day, and the rocks were gorgeous! We drove around the park, stopping periodically to take some pictures.


Sense of Hearing
: The whole date was a blast, with tons of LAUGHTER! One of the funny things that we were laughing about was when we asked a foreign lady at the park to take our picture in front of the bathrooms! She was so confused. Why on earth would we want our picture taken in front of the bathroom when the real beauty was out in the park? I'll tell you why... cause even the bathrooms were made out of the red rock that sprinkled the garden, and I thought that was pretty cool! Nate returned the favor by taking a picture of her, but she insisted on getting actual rocks in her background! Her loss...


Sense of Smell: Nate had a dinner reservation at 8pm, so we had some time to kill. He surprised me by pulling into the Starbucks parking lot to get my favorite drink... a Peppermint White Hot Chocolate! I was beyond excited as this sweet smelling drink is a new discovery for me this season (introduced by Nate only a few weeks earlier).


Sense of Touch
: With our delicious drinks, we then headed over to a little town outside the city called Manitou Springs. We walked up and down the street (singular: just one main street), went in the cute locally owned shops to touch all of the trinkets, walked through a very unique art gallery, and played on some of their statues! Small towns give off a very special vibe, and being there at that moment couldn't have been more perfect.


Sense of Taste
: Now, please note that at this point I am as ecstatic as humanly possible. Nate could take me to McDonalds or Taco Bell and I would still be on cloud 9... but he didn't! He took me to The Melting Pot!!! Now I don't know for sure, but I think the feelings that you feel at this restaurant might be very similar to what you might feel in heaven... pure bliss :) The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant worthy of it's own posting, but here is a quick overview of the four course meal we had...
  1. Spinach/Artichoke Cheese Dip: with breads, veggies, and apples to dip!
  2. House Salad: with peppercorn ranch!
  3. Pot of Garlic Broth: chicken, shrimp, NY steak, filet, duck, and ravioli (it all comes raw and you cook it in the broth for 2 minutes)!
  4. Milk Chocolate with Crunchy Peanut Butter: with brownies, rice krispie treats, cheescake, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, and pound cake to dip!
This part of the date was easily my favorite. We are eternally in debt to Calli and Zac for introducing us to this restaurant! We left the restaurant around 11pm (four courses takes a long time!) and we drove home. I fell asleep on the ride home (no surprise there) and slept that night in food/pure happiness coma!

1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun day!! Ironic that we lined up on the correct sides in the bathroom photo? The second picture almost looks so fake because it's so pretty. We need to visit Melting Pot again.

    ReplyDelete