Mom and Dad are moving into their new house. A benefit of living in Colorado is having first dibs on some of the stuff they are giving away. Maxene and I were at the house today, and found some "towels" that my Aunt Jan made. I put them in quotes because they aren't just towels, they're better! Mom said we could have them, so we brought them to lunch to determine who would take which ones! When we got to Little Rickies, we laid them out...

Maxi and I both wanted the same ones, so we devised a plan. A mini tournament of "Paper Rock Scissors" was the only fair way. After a fierce game, accompanied with sweat and tears, Maxi pulled through with the win. She had first choice.

Maxi made her first choice, I made mine. Maxi made her second choice, I made mine. We were laughing the whole time because we were nervous about the other person taking the towels we wanted! When there were 3 left, another big decision was made. We each have two; maybe we should save one for Brook and Macy? After careful consideration, we decided it was the right thing to do. But what would we do with the extra one? Another mini tournament was scheduled!
All the people in the restaurant gathered around our table as the excitement for who would get the third towel thickened. Actually, no one cared, but Maxene and I had tournament #2 and I WON!!! I received the third towel.
Final count...

Maxi: 2 towels (bear and bunny)

Kelly: 3 towels (donkey, cat, and elephant)

Macy: 1 towel (dog)

Brook: 1 towel (lamb)

Lauren Brea: 0 towels (just happy to be apart of the excitement)
We all walked away winners today. It's not about how many of Aunt Jan's home crafted, made with love "towels" you walked away with, it's about having a piece of Idaho in your kitchen, it's about holding strong to your Idaho roots...
I think it'll just be a little bit easier for me since I have three towels :)
Haha! This was awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou would choose the cat "towel," Kelly! You old cat lady! jk jk That's such a cute pic of Lauren!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! It's so cool that you guys appreciate the work that went into those towels. Not too much of that goes on anymore, so what you have is very special.
ReplyDelete