Sunday, February 13, 2011

Loving Nature Year Round...

I love Colorado because you have all 4 seasons, and they are all beautiful. This winter has been especially fun with all the snow storms and the days with below zero temperatures!

Nate and I love to go on nature hikes (even in the winter!), and today we decided to go exploring. We went to one of our favorite spots down in the reservoir.

Last August, we biked down into the reservoir and had a picnic. Then we laid under the stars until 2 in the morning and watched a meteor shower! It was one of my favorite nights...


Today we drove down, and walked out onto the frozen solid reservoir (only about 2 feet out because I can't imagine a worse way to die). The snow seeped through our shoes and our socks were wet. We didn't have a picnic, and there wasn't a meteor shower to watch, but we stayed for a while to enjoy the beauty of our surroundings.


Life can be crazy, but it's these moments with Nate that remind me to slow down and enjoy the journey :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kell! So I didn't get to chat with you today but for sure next week! I have a Valentine for you and so I'll be sure to have it with me! Hope you have fun celebrating with your class. And I love that you took the pic with Nate in the same spot!

    xo

    ps fun to halla at you in the parking lot last week! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. no posting pictures of your tan leggs in the middle of winter. So jealous, even if it was taken in the summer!

    ReplyDelete