Colfax is a gold mine for holes in the wall, so Nate and I decided to venture up north. We were both feeling like Mexican food, so we decided on La Cueva (Spanish for 'the cave')...
I pretty much base the value of a Mexican restaurant off of their chips and salsa. So right away, I knew this wasn't gonna be the best experience. I got the chicken enchiladas, and Nate got the chicken tacos. Both dishes were good, but not the type of good where you let out an "Mmmmmm" unconsciously.
The atmosphere was cute, and definitely a good hole in the wall experience. We love experiencing these tiny, no-name restaurants, and we definitely appreciate them for what they are! There's just some we won't be recommending to our friends :)
Check out La Loma, Tacos Jalisco, or Tacos Junior. Some of my favs for hole in the wall mexican.
ReplyDelete