Anderson Farms: Nate and I took Maxwell and Zailah to Erie, CO to Anderson Farms. We enjoyed barrel tractor rides, mining for gold, a massive corn maze, climbing a tire mountain, going for a hayride, picking out pumpkins, and so much more! It was perfect weather, and we had an absolute blast.
Dinner with friends: Matt and Kylie invited us over for a fall dinner, and it was soooo good! We had green chile burritos, chips and salsa, ensalada, root beer (in a cauldron with dry ice coming out!), with peanut butter brownies and ice cream! After we ate and visited for a while, we CARVED PUMPKINS!!!! Did I mention that I love this time of year?!
Pumpkin Hamburgers: We didn't put pumpkin in our hamburgers, I just carved our cheese into pumpkins! They didn't taste any different, but they sure put a smile on my face.
Trunk or Treat: A family outing to the Piney Creek Ward Trunk or Treat was next on our fall adventure list, and it was so much fun! It was awesome weather (which is strange for Colorado's October). Maxwell was a vampire, Lauren Brea was a princess, and Zailah was a turtle. They are the loves of my life, and I am so grateful to live close enough to hang out with them as much as I do.
Maxene's Birthday Bash: Maxene was a Halloween baby, and I love celebrating her birthday this time of year. Everyone who could (mom and dad were out of town on vacation) met at It's Just Peachy for some self-serve frozen yogurt. We had a blast just sitting around visiting, and helping Maxene celebrate her special day. I love living within a 3 mile radius of my entire family (minus Brock), and we are taking full advantage of spontaneous get-togethers.
Halloween Night: Chipotle offered $2 burritos if you had on a costume that had something to do with the farm. Nate and I dressed up as "farmers" and Macy and David dressed up as "farm animals". I put that in quotes because all of our costumes were pretty weak. After we ate our very cheap dinner, we then went to It's Just Peachy again... this time for free yogurt (if you were in a costume)! It was a perfect holiday :)
Did I mention that I love this time of year?! This fall was everything I hoped for and more. I can't believe that October is already over, but I am excited to see what this winter has in store for us!
I can't stop laughing at Macy and David's costumes!!! Vampire cats?! Whatever they are, hilarious!
ReplyDelete