This weekend I ran in the Autumn Color Run in Bueno Vista, Colorado. It was an absolutely beautiful run because of the trees changing for the fall. A big group of friends and I went up the night before to "camp" in a gorgeous cabin! We spent the night hours hot tubbing, playing games, eating amazing food, and just chatting it up.

The Autumn Color Run had multiple options for running. You could do a half marathon, a 5k (3.1 miles) or a Fun Run (1 mile). Below is all the runners out of our group!

The actual run was amazing. Everything looked so beautiful. About 8 of the 13 miles was on a trail, and then the last couple miles was on the road. I wish I could have looked up and out more often, but my eyes stayed on the trail most of the time.

Here is what I saw when I did look up!

My favorite part of the race was... THE FOOD (no surprise there!). This race was unique in the sense of the after race food. In the small town of Bueno Vista, all the local grandmas make home baked goods for the runners. So in addition to eating the amazing fruit, I also ate homemade muffins, and some delicious cookies! Even after running 13 miles, I would never turn down some home baked goodies!

Here are the half marathon runners... Me, Tiffany, Megan, and Mike! Post race pics are the best because you know the hard part is over :) My goal was to run it in under 2 hours, and I ran the half in 1 hour and 50 minutes. This was one of my 101 goals, so I can cross it off!!! My legs are super sore today, but it feels good.

My parents came up to show their support, and I learned that even if you're 25, having your parents there is the best support EVER! We made a little road trip out of it, and made some memories along the way! There will be plenty more running events in the near future, but this one was a milestone for me!
Yay for you, Kelly! Like you, I love the fall colors. Great pics...great post.
ReplyDeletewow...good job! Put a check by that one.
ReplyDelete