Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Muddy Buddy Pie?...

To help with the development of my cooking skills, I've decided to always sign-up when the food sign-ups go around in Relief Society. So two weeks ago, a sign-up went around for pies.


I hate pie.

If there was a table full of desserts, pie would be the last thing I would pick. But rules are rules. I signed up anyway to make a pie.

As the time got closer to the ward social (by closer I mean a few hours before the social), I decided that I was going to make Muddy Buddies (also known as Puppy Chow), and put them in a pie pan. That counts right?!


Brook was making a real apple pie, and as usual, her's turned out beautiful and delicious (I didn't try it because I hate pie, but everyone raved about it!). And as for me, I couldn't find a pie pan, so I put mine in some random bin.

Dessert is dessert, and people will eat whatever you bring. So now I have a new promise... next time I sign-up to bring something, I'll really bring what I sign-up for, and I'll put some effort into it!

5 comments:

  1. I hate pie too!!! But I LOVE Muddy Buddies :) You two look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for always challenging yourself. I know a lot of people who would much rather have the muddy-buddies. I'll just take both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud! Look at that bottom picture...bottom left corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete