Me: What are you doing for your workout?
Brook: I'm gonna run 8 miles in the reservoir. What are you gonna do?
Me: I'm gonna run to the club, and go to a class called "Step Surprise" and lift upper body!
Brook: Step Surprise? What's the surprise?
Me: The surprise is that the class sucks! They don't tell you until the end. SURPRISE!!!!
After I got to the club, I was excited to do the class. I learned quickly what the surprise was... I SUCK, SURPRISE!!!! It was repeat this, L-step that, tango/mango and then some. After 15 minutes, I humbly put my step away, and with a smile on my face I walked out of the class. I ran stairs and jumped rope instead (I'll stick to mindless workouts).
Kelly! You have no idea how much I can relate to you about that class. When I was in college a cute, perky friend of mine was a step instructor and she invited me to her class. I thought, "Hey, I'm cool, I can totally do that!" Here's what happened: EPIC FAIL. The good news is I went on to become quite good at it but ooooohh...what a painful beginning!
ReplyDeleteHa! Were people staring at you as you left? I love it...
ReplyDelete